Help! I am getting married soon! As in soon!!!
Traditionally, couples plan the wedding for at least 6 to 8 months. This gives them ample preparation time. However, some couples are restricted with time due to some reasons. It may be that Dad is boarding the ship again to continue being a seaman, so we need to get married soon! Or a relative died and we should get married soon or wait another 3 year’s! or simply, my tummy will tell the world that we’re having a baby so we need to get married soon!
Fret not! We have squeeze in the normal 12 months preparation time into 3 months. But of course, it will require a lot of work! And quick decisions to make. And some trade-offs, too…
Use the calendar guide to help you breeze through your shortened wedding preparation. Good luck!
3 months before
- Select and finalize the wedding date.
- Plan the budget & conceptualized how your wedding will be like so that you’ll more or less know what suppliers to look for.
- Use this week to scout for ceremony & reception venues, caterer’s photographers & videographers, designers & other wedding supplier’s .you have no time to waste!.
- Apply for your marriage license.
- Start working on your list of principal sponsors, wedding entourage & ceremony members.
- Hire a wedding coordinator if desired.
- Begin your fitness & beauty program.
- Finalize you’re your list of principal sponsors & take time out of your super busy schedule to meet with each to inform them.
- Finalize your wedding entourage & ceremony members (including readers and offerors). Inform each of their role.
- Work on your document requirement for the church.
- Choose and inform your officiating priest or pastor.
- Time to book your suppliers- ceremony venue, reception venue, caterer, designer, photographer & videographer.
- Decide on a color motif.
- Start drafting your invitation, this is should be finalized immediately so that you can send it out ASAP.
- Have your invitation & thank you cards printed.
- Schedule pre-nuptial shoot & trial makeup.
- Schedule gown fittings.
- Compile guest list & organized contact info.
- Consult travel agencies regarding honeymoon plans.
- Time to book other suppliers like florist, emcee, musician (if any),and make-up artist.
- Discuss menu with your caterer & schedule for food tasting.
- Look around for souvenirs & gift for your entourage.
- Start drafting your wedding vow (if any).
- Inform participants for the reception (like well- wishers and singers).
2 months before
- Draft missalette and prepare song line-up.
- Purchase souvenirs and gifts for the entourage. Start wrapping these as well.
- Purchase your wedding ring.
- Shop your shoes and wedding accessories.
- Finalize design details and flower arrangement for reception venues.
- Finalize menu, beverage and other details with your caterer.
- Finalize song for ceremony and reception.
- Send out invitations.
- Gown fitting for you (if you’re not too suspicious) and for your entourage.
- Print missalettes.
- Finalize honeymoon plans.
- Discuss reception program with emcee.
- Follow-up RSVP.
1 month before
- Inform your caterer of your final guest count.
- Rehearsals (if any).
- Submit songs to the musician.
- Shop for other accessories.
- Follow up RSVP.
- Draft seating plan for the reception.
- Review supplier’s contracts.
- Pick up and deliver gowns to your entourage.
- Collects the groom’s outfit.
- Inspect favors and other accessories.
- Tread the shoe heels.
- Despedida de Soltera.
- Finalize headcount.
- Finalize seat plan.
- Confirm bridal car and hotel room accommodation (if you are dressing up in a hotel).
- Final checking and purchase of items needed.
- Organize accessories.
- Make a pack list for the hotel.
- Rehearse wedding vows.
- Entourage, church & reception program participant’s reminders.
- Delegate tasks to a responsible relative or friend who will handle decisions while you’re busy enjoying your wedding.
- Have your manicure and pedicure.
- Prepare your luggage if your dressing up in a hotel.
- Time for spa and a massage.
- WEDDING DAY!!! Relax and enjoy!