Decide how you want your meal to be served during your reception. Here are some options you can choose from:
- Plated Service
- This is the most formal banquet style; each course is beautifully arranged and served in separate plates.
- Russian Service
- Waiters go around and offer each food item to the guests on a platter or serving dish.
- French Service
- This is similar to Russian service but 2 waiters will be serving; one to hold the platter and one to serve the guest.
- Long Buffet Tables
- This is the traditional buffet set-up, items are arranged on one long table from the appetizers to the desserts.
- Food Stations
- Food items are grouped and place on separate smaller tables based on their category.
- This is a 9 course Chinese meal served on platters and place in a lazy Susan. This is served on a staggered basis and takes around 1.5 to 2 hours. Charging is per table and not per head.
- This is the least formal banquet style. Food and drinks can be passed around by waiters or small cocktail tables are set-up. Guests are encouraged to mingle so there are less seats available.
- Can be a combination of one or 2 banquet styles. For example, a sit-down service but with a dessert buffet. Another example is to have a sit-down service for the VIP tables but buffet for the rest.